- Upon receipt of your reservation, we will charge a deposit to your credit card.
- For a one or two night stay, the deposit is equivalent to one night’s rate plus taxes.
- For a stay of three nights or longer, the deposit is equal to half the entire booking, including taxes.
- The House on the Hill is an intimate property where every guest reservation is important and special to us. Your reservation means that we have committed to have your room available for you upon your arrival.
- If your travel plans change and you must cancel your reservation, please call us at least 10 (ten) days prior to your arrival date to let us know. Your deposit will be refunded, less a $25.00 reservation fee.
- In the unlikely event that you must cancel with less than10 (ten) days notice, shorten your stay or check out early, please understand that we must ask you to take responsibility for your entire reservation. For cancellations with less than 10 (ten) days notice, we will refund any room nights that we are able to re-book, minus the $25 reservation fee. Trip Insurance: We do recommend that you consider purchasing private trip insurance if an unforeseen event causing you to cancel would result in undue stress or discomfort for you.
- Note: Three or more rooms, and whole-house bookings, are subject to at least a 60 day cancellation policy and 50% non-refundable deposit at time of reservation. Balance will be due 30 days before stay.
- Check-in time is anytime after 3:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time.
- For travelers coming from Chicago or other points west, please remember when making your plans that Michigan is on Eastern Standard Time–an hour later!
- We ask that you check-out by 11:00 a.m.
- Late check-outs are difficult for us, as we need the time to ready the room for the next guest.
- There is no smoking allowed inside the building. We will assess a $150 cleaning fee if you have smoked inside.
- Smoking of cigarettes and cigars is permitted on the porches as long as it doesn’t bother other guests.
NUMBER OF GUESTS PER ROOM
Our rooms accommodate one or two persons, and the rate is the same whether single or double occupancy.
- The Inn is limited to registered guests only.
- Our Bed & Breakfast is most suitable for adult guests.
- Special situations allow for children (for example, a whole-house booking). Please call to inquire about making arrangements.
- We are sorry, but no pets are allowed.
- Please call for help in making arrangements to board your pet, if necessary.
- Posted rates do not include 6% state sales tax or $1 per room night Michigan Lake to Lake room assessment.
GIFT CERTIFICATES AND VOUCHERS
- Gift Certificates are non-refundable.
- Vouchers are to be used as a credit and are non-refundable.