The Restless Chef Blog for The House on the Hill Bed and Breakfast
Entrepreneurship, Cooking, Northern Michigan Living
Following CDC Guidelines
We are following the CDC Guidelines in light of the Covid 19 crisis.
What Are We Doing?
We want our guests back. We love having you stay with us! So, we pivot into a new way of doing business. We want you to be confident in your safety.
- We are now triple sheeting our beds. This allows for all of the bedding to be continually washed and fresh for each guest. The triple sheeting method is more hygienic and protects the warmth layers of the bedding from dirt and allergens and can be changed easily and laundered.
- Instead of a communal breakfast, we give you options. We have an enclosed sun porch and a beautiful porch outside with private tables. We are also giving you the option to have your breakfast in your room. You will never have to be closer than 6 feet from anyone when you dine.
- I am ServSafe Certified and ServSafe Covid 19 Precaution Certified. Our staff and I know how to safely handle your food.
- We will be in a constant sanitizing mode taking care of surfaces, door knobs, light switches, countertops, handles and remotes. We are members of the Michigan Bed and Breakfast Association and are inspected and meet their high standards.
- We are moving to a Self Check In method to minimize contact.
- Re-scheduling reservations and offering credit vouchers.
- Providing hand sanitizer in each room and common spaces.
- Our staff and ourselves will wear masks for as long as they are recommended.
- Deep cleaning rooms in between uses.
It’s Time to Dream Again